Thread: Slow response when making Word the active window

Slow response when making Word the active window

I recently assembled a new desktop computer with Windows XP SP2 and installed Microsoft Office 2007 Volume License edition. As per config the system is running with Core Duo 3.0 Ghz and 1 GB of RAM. Now the problem am facing is with MS Word. Until I work on Word document, everything goes fine but as soon as I press Alt+Tab to bring another window and again Alt+Tab to bring back Word in front, it gets freezed and my CPU usages goes upto 50%.

If it do the same from mouse also, result is same. Word gets unresponsive once another window is made active. I tried repairing and even re-installing entire Office suite but still the problem remains the same. Any help to get rid of this annoying problem.

RE: Slow response when making Word the active window

Your system’s configuration appears very good and that is more than enough for running any Office suite without any problem. But as per your situation, I guess the problem would be occurring because of any other software on your system. Most probably some type of monitoring activity apps just as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc. Which Antivirus program are you using? Just try disabling the same and running MS Word. See if the problem occurs again.

Re: Slow response when making Word the active window

I appreciate your help Walter but I managed to find and fix the problem myself. Actually i had installed Adobe Acrobat 7 plug-in. Which I removed and installed Microsoft plug-in in order to PDF creation. Since then there is no such problem with MS Word anymore. BTW, thank you very much for your help.

Hi -
    I'm having this same problem with lags in switching between Word windows and also have Acrobat 7.0 Professional installed. I'm wondering which plug-in was causing the problem and how to go about uninstalling it? Any help would be incredibly appreciated.
    Thanks much.

Re: Slow response when making Word the active window

I intend to install the window word