Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Possible Fix for nonfunctioning spell check in Word 2007?

MS Office Support

Old 23-01-2008

Possible Fix for nonfunctioning spell check in Word 2007?

I came here to provide a small tip so that it can help anyone struggling with Spell Checker in Word 2007, like I was. I was facing this problem since long time on my system and finally came to know its cause and solution.

May times Word 2007 stops checking spellings because its English Dictionary gets disabled automatically. The reason behind this is it may conflict with older Outlook Express. So in order to fix this:
  • Start clicking the Office Button.
  • Click Word Options
  • Click Add-ins
  • Click Manage
  • Click on the english dictionary and re-enable
Thatís it. Restart MS Word and the problem gone.

Old 05-09-2008

It worked!!!

I don't normally post to these things, just read them when I need info. So I've been to at least a dozen help forums and done everything from a-z in the past month or so it hasn't been working. Today I googled "fix Word spellcheck" (for randomness sake) and came to your post. I can't believe that it was just that simple to fix! Good work. Someone should pat you on the back for fixing another one of Microsoft's screw-ups.
Old 28-08-2009

Re: Possible Fix for nonfunctioning spell check in Word 2007?

I tried about 5 fixes, none of which worked, then stumbled around until something did.

Open Word 2007
click on the Office Button
Click on Word Options
Proofing
Custom dictionaries
uncheck Custom Dictionaries
Go to Dictionary language
pick English US
Ok
shut down restart do cartwheels cuz spell check FINALLY works!
Old 09-07-2010

Re: Possible Fix for nonfunctioning spell check in Word 2007?

I was working on a 500 page manuscript and my spell check quit working. Thanks to you, my problem was solved. This solution is easy! After many months of trying everything else, you came to my rescue.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , ,