Thread: How to unlock word documents

How to unlock word documents

How can i unlock word documents ? I have tried unlocking it by i get an error message saying "The modification is not allowed because the selection is locked" . What can i try out further???

In order to fix that error you can go through below knowledge base article.

You receive a “This modification is not allowed because the document is locked” error message when you modify a document in Word 2007 or in Word 2003

You can try out the resolution mentioned there. If you have any query further then you can feel free and let me know.

You need not worry about that. Simply use this online service and get your document rectified for you.
    Word Password Recovery Master
    This software will send your file to their server where all the cracking process will be performed and cracked / rectified document will be send back to you.

Hope you have had a look at my earlier post. Here is a review about Password Recovery Master that can further help you decide.

Re: I do not know how to unlock documents in microsoft word.

I know an Office password recovery tool named Office Password Unlocker, which is very smart to recover ms word password and ms excel password. With it, you can open and edit ms documents without any barriers

Re: How to unlock word documents

I am just new to using computers; I am relatively new to excel and word 2007. I want to protect some of my word and excel documents; but I can’t see how the password is a protection, if someone can just use a “recovery password unlocker”. Why are password “unlockers” so freely available? Is there a way of totally protecting a document for being read by another person? Thanks

To work with the issue of yours i will advise to go through the below given link which is having the detail discussion for setting the password protection against the Word and excel document. Just go through the same and work with the same.

How to set password for word and excel files to open them
    How can i protect a workbook in Excel 2007
    How do I protect a Workbook on Excel 2007?

My problem isn't with passwords.

Somehow the program thinks that an MS Word document is open somewhere when it isn't. The message I get is this: "The action can't be completed because the file is open in Microsoft Office Word. Close the file and try again."

It is very frustrating. I can read the document but I can't edit, rename, or delete it. I tried a program called 'Unlocker' but it hasn't worked.

Help please
    Jo

I had messed up with this many time. My whole Excel was lost because of forgotten password. You can do nothing in that. There is no way to recover that file if you lost the password. I tried many tools to find what password I had used. But those all failed and in the end I deleted that file. Whenever you are encrypting your file keep a note of password and save that somewhere so that in case if anything happen you can retrieve that.

Like Emails I think there should be feature like forget password in Microsoft Office too. It must give us the password on the base of any security question or anything which is possible to do offline. There is no password recovery thing provided in Microsoft Office yet and that makes it more risky to use. I lock my files but always keep a backup of my password files and also the original one.

Unlock Word Password? The very stupid way goes to try to remember or guess the password again and again. Another trick to unlock Word password can be called brute force attack program