Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

"Add to dictionary" grayed out in Office 2007

MS Office Support

Old 07-01-2008

"Add to dictionary" grayed out in Office 2007

I have recently installed office 2007 and I am getting issues with CUSTOM.DIC that I imported from my old office 2000 installation. It didnt like that it was ANSI encoded, so I changed it to Unicode. Then, whenever I was doing a spell check in either Word or Outlook, the option to Add to dictionary was grayed out. After some search I came to know this things happen if either the file is corrupt or the file was read only or the folder containing the file was read only and it was. As the folder was C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Uproof and so a System folder, I was not able to change the properties of the folder. When I moved CUSTOM.DIC to a new folder that was not read only, then it worked properly. So, is my only option is to move the CUSTOM.DIC to a folder to different folder, or is there some other way of setting the properties on the Uproof folder that I just dont get?
Thanks

Old 04-02-2013

Re: "Add to dictionary" grayed out in Office 2007

Looks issue with some improper settings. For fixing the same go in Ribbon and on that click on Review. In that you can click on Set Language. Ensure that you had selected English from there as the default language. This is a kind of common bug with multi user pack. You must simply configure English as the default language and then enable the spell check work. Which would work properly.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support