Thread: Word closes with message "Microsoft Office has stopped working"

Word closes with message "Microsoft Office has stopped working"

I am using Office 2007. The programs that I use frequently is Powerpoint. It looks that it freezes when I work on it. And suddenly the application crashes. While other programs are really working well. There is no problem with the same. Powerpoint opens properly but after using for a while it crashes. I even does not allow me to save the file. It is a bit complicated to work on it. I am not able to understand that if other applications are working properly then why Powerpoint is only crashing.

Try to re-install Office and then check again. There can be some corrupt files which are causing the failure. That would be the easiest way to fix the problem. You can just perform a clean installation and then check again. Another thing you can do is run sfc /scannow. This will scan the system for any damaged system file and replace it.

There can be some add-on in powerpoint which is causing the trouble. You have to disable that. You can find that in Office Button > Options > Addins. Disable everything from here and then test. It would be working fine. When Powerpoint crash what error do you get exactly on your screen. It is necessary that you must mention it and if you are not aware about the same you have to go in Event Log and check out the error description.

re: Word closes with message "Microsoft Office has stopped working"

If I open Microsoft Word after opening a database program such as Microsoft Access or a program written in .net or another Microsoft database, Microsoft Word will not open and give me the message Microsoft Word has stopped working. It then shuts down.
    If I remember to reverse the process and open Microsoft Word before opening the database program everything works fine.
    running Windows 7 Pro and Office Pro 2007.