Thread: Outlook won't open

Outlook won't open

I am having Dell XPS 1330 which is running Vista that had some sort of blue screen error some time back, but after I restarted it, then it was working fine, that is until I tried to open Outlook 2007. If I am trying to open Outlook, then it slows my pc down and takes 3-4 monutes to open the program, but it will not open and then error message states that "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\Users\justin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst cannot be accessed." Thank for any solution.

Re: Outlook won't open

I will recommend you to look in the Event Viewer and post the details, incase you get any kind of error message.

Re: Outlook won't open

Is it opening in Safe mode or not? You can try to go to Start and then Run and then type Outlook.exe /safe. If yes, then uncheck all add-ins and then restart outlook normally. If it opens, then re-enable your addins one by one, stopping and starting Outlook each time until you find the problem. Once you have found it then go to the wbesite of the programmer who made the program and update it.

RE: Outlook won't open

Did you also check to see if the Outlook.pst file is still there in the location specified? Incase you have by mistakenly deleted that file, then Outlook will still search for it until you tell it not to try linking to the file. Since that folder is hidden, so if you can get into Outlook at all then try File >> Open >> Personal Folders File or Data File and type all but the outlook.pst part of the path into the Open File dialogue. This will take you to the folder where you will able to see Outlook.pst file or nothing.