Thread: Visual Basic Error? in Microsoft Office 2003

Visual Basic Error? in Microsoft Office 2003

Each time when I launch word or excel I am getting a visual basic error. The edition of office that I am using is Office 2003. The error that I am getting is about some dll file missing. The file which is mentioned is DVZAddin.dll. I am using Windows XP here. The setup was fine, but it is a bit complicated to find why office is not working. I checked the compatibility which says Office 2007 works quiet well on XP also.

Try to remove all the add-ins installed on your system. You have to either run the setup once again or remove any third party software from your system to make office stable. It is better if you go with complete installation once again. That would be one of the best way to deal with the problem.

re: Visual Basic Error? in Microsoft Office 2003

This is a problem that comes due third party addin. You have to check in the startup folder. You will need to remove the same and then check back. The dll file is associated with some DataViz. Even if you perform a clean setup and the addin is not installed you will get the same kind of problem again and again.

Hi,
    I'm following this thread because it fits my case exactly, including the Sony CLie. I followed all of the TS steps above but the search for DVZWAddin.dot came up empty. There must be another program that is trying to do something with DVZAddin.dll on my computer.

My symtoms are Microsoft Visual Basic comeing on stating DVZAddin.dll not found any time I turn Word on or off or turn off Outlook.

Any ideas?

Thanks Jon

This is where I found what they are talking about, just delete it into the
    recycle bin, just in case you need to put it back, I deleted it and the message
    has not come back.
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Startup

This is what it is named: DVZWDAddin

If you are running a Profile version of windows you must also Go into the profile and remove the files under c:\\Documents and settings\Username\application data\Microsoft\word\startup