Thread: "Start Inking" button in Word 2007 Not responding

"Start Inking" button in Word 2007 Not responding

There is some problem going on with my system, whenever i open some .docx files and try to "Start Inking" then the button appears to be pushed wqhere as the Pens ribbon does not come up at all. For some reason the cursor doesn't change into an ink cursor. This problem is specific with Word 2007. Linking works fine in Word 2003.

Any idea what might be wrong in my case??? Help regrading this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

There is some problem going on with my system, whenever i open some .docx files and try to "Start Inking" then the button appears to be pushed wqhere as the Pens ribbon does not come up at all. For some reason the cursor doesn't change into an ink cursor. This problem is specific with Word 2007. Linking works fine in Word 2003.

Any idea what might be wrong in my case??? Help regrading this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    I haven't faced the same issue but then i have come across a couple of ones who were running in to same issues. The only solution that has been titled to be working is removing the page numbers from those documents. Just try that out and post back if that helps you out as well, best of luck.

Re: "Start Inking" button in Word 2007 Not responding

I'm not very good at this kind of stuff, but I found a workaround. I deleted the "ink" group and re-added it. Then I had to add all the pens too.