Thread: How to find "normal.dot template"

How to find "normal.dot template"

I am having Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop on which I had installed Microsoft Office 2007. Now I want to create a custom template. But first I thought it is better to modify the existing one. I want to change the font of every new word file that I open. I found a relative thread where it was mentioned that you can simply customize the template to get your type of settings. But I cannot find it.

You can find that in Tools. Open word and then click on File Location. In that you can find Template. You can note down the location from there and then you can edit the same as per your need. You can on the basis of location locate in Windows Explorer. If it is not visible then go in Folder Open and unhide the hidden files. You will be able to locate the same.

Here are some useful links that will help you to understand how to modify the normal.dot template. I will recommend you to keep a backup of that file before modifying it. So that if you face any problem you can simply restore that and it would be another easy option to get the old settings back.

Modify a template

Change the Normal template (Normal.dot)