Thread: cAN NOT UNINSTALL TRIAL VERSION OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2007

cAN NOT UNINSTALL TRIAL VERSION OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2007

I have downloaded the Office 2007 Pro last couple of months and now it is expired and I am not able to uninstall it from my computer. When I go into Add and Remove Programs and then click Remove, then halfway through it says that it could not complete uninstalling process. I have tried this many times without any success. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: cAN NOT UNINSTALL TRIAL VERSION OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2007

You can try to remove Microsoft Office 2007 from Control Panel, follow these steps:

1. Click Start.
    2. Click All Programs, and then open the Accessories folder (skip this step in Windows XP).
    3. Click Run, and then click in the Open box.
    4. Type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
    5. Locate the Microsoft Office entry in the list of currently installed programs.
    6. Select it, and then click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP).

For more information, visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us

Even I am facing same uninstalling problem of Office 2007. I checked out the ms article to uninstall it but still there are some issues in some areas. Actually, from the Windows installer it wont uninstall MS Office 2007 Ultimate installer. Also from the common files and microsoft shared folder it wont allow me to delete the office12 folder. I am not able to delete MSOXMLMF.DLL and MSO.DLL file either and getting access is denied. What else should I do now?

It might be that you are not logged in as Administrator or in Safe Mode you can try to delete the folder.

Re: CAN NOT UNINSTALL TRIAL VERSION OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2007

I too have this problem - the Trial period expired and when I tried the day after to print a document, it allowed me to vies it with a message telling me the trial had finished) it wouldnt print. I then unisntalled it (eventually) but whatever printer I connect to the pc, it recognises the printer but when you try to print anything, it says no communication with printer. I have spoken to HP, even uninstalled Works at their instruction then reinstalled it, but whatever I try to print even from works or a web page I get the same message. If I connect another pc to the printer it works fine. It seems to be a block put in by Microsoft to do with the trial version. Has anyone got any suggestions please - the pc wqorks fine on and off the internet except for not being able to print. I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it, also another printer too, but still the same GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Mike

Even I follow all the steps given in the url to uninstall Office 2007 and now I have reinstalled it and everything works except Word. It will say that it is locked, what am I suppose to do now? Please help.