Thread: Office 2007 activation issue

Office 2007 activation issue

I am facing problem with Microsoft Office activation. I cannot understand why it is not working. I am using Office 2007 Beta 2. It is a Beta edition so there is no need to activate the same. It is obviously a free edition. So there is no need to activate the same. But still I am getting a activation message on the screen. I am not able to turn the same off completely. Can anyone guide me what to do here.

I am also getting the same thing on my system also. It looks there is some kind of beta keys that is required to activate the products or else it lies under the trail mode only. It is possible that microsoft website might be under some kind of routine maintenance which is causing the failure of activation. I hope there would be some other way but still I am trying to do the same and hope it works well.

Try to re-install and then check again. If still the activation does not work then leave it. It is correct that the activation process may be under maintenance due to which you are getting that message. You can try back after a few couple of days. The second thing you can do is download the beta edition once again and then check back whether it works fine or not.

Run windows update. Just keep running that. The issue will be fixed. You just need to keep on running windows update and I am sure you will get what you are looking for.

Try to update that after a few time and then check back. The trail version offer you a a long time for activating the product. You can try contacting microsoft for the same. I am sure there will be some available options that can help you to work with the activation.

Work Around for Picture Manager issue

Finally Microsoft R&D team is able to figure out a work around for Picture Manager issue.

We will appreciate if customers call up Microsoft Customer Central to help them to create a new case for you as by creating a new case, we will not miss the vital data in order to maintain our database of customers using Picture Manager and facing the issue.

The given below link will help you to explore the support options including contact numbers.

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

After my third attempt at getting help I managed to get an MS tech who was helpful and had a clue !!

If OS is Win XP
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller

If OS is Vista
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Prohybridr

unzip the attachedl password=password and copy as per the above
    Apparently the official hotfix is coming... so is a stable version of Vista
    Attached Files Attached Files

re: picture manager thread

omg soo awesome. i was dying without all the picture manager functions. thanks. microsoft support was being a real pain. and i didnt want to spend hours on the phone with them

Steve, thank you, thank you, thank you. I've just fixed that frustrating picture manager problem in the space of a few minutes with the ID10031 file.

And to the helpful MS tech who supplied the solution, we all owe you a beer.

props to you for this fix.

Sorry, I'm not much of a computer person. I don't think I did this right. I downloaded the zipped file into the two locations mentioned in the post (for XP). Then I unzipped them and got a couple lines of letters/numbers. I restarted the computer and it's still not working.

Can you tell me (in child's language) exactly what to do with the zipped file?

In case this helps:

When I unzip the file in those folders it reads: ID_10031.dpc -- when I clicked on it, it says that "Windows cannot open this application" and do I want to search for something to open it with.

As I said, "When I unzip the file in those folders it reads: ID_10031.dpc -- when I [double] clicked on it, it says that "Windows cannot open this application" and do I want to search for something to open it with."

So my computer does NOT know what to do with it...

just copy the ID_10031.dpc file to the two locations mentioned above. It will ask you if you want to replace the existing file during one of the copies. Say yes and then start picture manager to test.

I would advise that you have Office applications closed during this proceedure.

Re: picture manager activation

Bringing up an old post, I've downloaded the file, pasted in the ID file into Office12, but I do not have a file with Prohybridr at the end. Can anyone suggest where to get this?
    Thanks