Thread: problem w-microsoft office document imaging

problem w-microsoft office document imaging

I’m using Office 2003 since long time. Two days I installed Microsoft Office Document Imaging. Installation went fine without any problem. Also there is no problem in launching or access its menus, except one. Whenever I click on “file pull down menu”, the program just crashes. It happens every time. Surprisingly all other pull down menus are working fine but it crashes only on that one menu.

Any idea what is wrong and how can i fix it?

Re: problem w-microsoft office document imaging

Hello aghuvi, even I have been through this problem couple of months ago. Just like you my Microsoft office document imaging was working fine unless I applied SP3 patch. Since then it started crashing. After many searches I came to know that the problem appears because of a file named mspview.exe. Well I though replacing this file will fix the problem hence I copied mspview.exe from my another PC and pasted here. However the problem still remained. I tried fixing it for about 2 weeks, but not succeeded. It is still like that and I stopped using it. If you find any solution please here.

Re: problem w-microsoft office document imaging

Many people said that the only solution of this problem to re-install Microsoft Office Document Imaging. But here is a good news, now you don’t need to re-install. Either you can follow the steps provided here http://awomantoldme.com/women/how-to...imaging-c.aspx or simply remove the recent file list. In my case I delete recent file list and everything working normal, no more crash.

Same problem. Here is the solution:

SP3 changed a number of files in the MODI folder to April 2007 versions. If you have a computer with Microsoft Office 2003 on it prior to the SP3 update, copy the MODI Folder, change the folder on the SP3 updated computer to MODI.OLD and paste the copied MODI Folder in the same place: Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI.

Other alternative:

If you have the original Office XP 2003 CD's, the files are located in a Cab folder called: D:\ M4561414.CAB. Extract the following and paste accordingly. There is a CAB file extractor available on a trial basis and this will do the trick. Google "CAB file extractor.” All files are dated 2003 except for one noted below dated 2004. Replace all the 2007 files with these:

Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI\11.0\
    MDIINK.DLL
    MDIVWCTL.DLL
    MSPCORE.DLL
    MSPFILT.DLL
    MSPGIMME.DLL
    MSPSCAN.EXE
    MSPVIEW.EXE

Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI\11.0\\Drivers
    MDIGRAPH.DLL
    MDIMON.DLL
    MDIPPR.DLL
    MDIUI.DLL

Path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI\11.0\1033
    MSPFLTRS.DLL
    MSPLCRES.DLL 2004

You may not need all of these but I used them anyway and everything works fine. As for the problem, it is just another screw-up by Microsoft. This is the third one for me in three months. I've shut all auto updates off and refuse to do any more. In fact, someone should launch a class action suite against Microsoft because this kind of irritation is a regular occurrence resulting in vast amounts of inconvenience and wasted time. One update on my computer trashed several functioning programs when it updated Microsoft.NET version 2.

If a program stops working, it is almost always attributable to a so-called Microsoft improvement or security update. Lawyers unite! Sue, Sue, Sue!

Mark Patiky

mspview.exe (the file that runs Office Document Imaging) which is found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI\11.0 was corrupted with the recent Office Service Pack 3. Just replace it with the old version and the program should work fine. Here it is:
    http://www.instrumentec.com/files/posts/