Thread: installation Office Ultimate 2007 fails on Vista Ultimate system

installation Office Ultimate 2007 fails on Vista Ultimate system

When I am trying to install Office 2007 on my Windows Vista OS, then I am getting an error message after the setup is launched that states "Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from original source disc or download location." I tried to copy the CD to a System folder and then tried running the Setup from that location and I have also tried to run Setup in Windows XP compatibility mode but nothing worked for me. The system that I am using has all updates installed for Vista. I cannot install other programs on this pc from the same DVD drive and the on another computer the setup will launch from the CD? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Re: installation Office Ultimate 2007 fails on Vista Ultimate system

Have you got any previous version of Office installed or was Office 2007 trial or something else previously installed on your pc? I think that there might be something hanging on from a previous installation. I think that it coyld be also some problem in your Vista installation or configuration because you can still install the DVD on another system, so can you try to repair the Windows installation and see if that works.

Re: installation Office Ultimate 2007 fails on Vista Ultimate system

Is it also telling you whether the file is corrupt or not in your system?

Even I was facing this same issue with a trial version of Office 2007 installed in my system. So, after uninstalling the trial version I could not install the full version of Office 2007 and used to get the same error message. So, for a solution, I found out that there was a service name "InCD Helper" which is a part of Nero software which was causing the issue. After stopping that service I was able to launch the setup file of Office without any errors.

I just had exactly the same problem, also on a new ASUS system with Vista Ultimate and stopping InCD Helper (in the services tab of task manager) fixed it straight away.

Thanks very much for the help