Thread: Office 2007 Docs open read only from Webdav folder

Office 2007 Docs open read only from Webdav folder

I need some help wit doc and xls files. They are located in webdav folder of Office 2007. They are read only document. I want to open then in Office 2007 and modify the same. While in Office 2003 I was able to modify the files. But in the new version I can only read the same. Does I am missing some settings. There must be some kind of way that can help me to fix the problem.

I am having the same issue. I am not able to write the files in WebDav folder which was possible in Office 2003. I am not able to understand why suddenly this thing is disabled. I am also facing problem with a many files that are newly created in Word and Excel. I am using Windows XP Professional here. I checked everything and even performed a repair setup hoping that it would reset the settings. But the situation is quiet different.

The problem may lies with the old files in the new pc. You have to ensure that you are logged in as administrator in your system. Or else you will get that problem. It is not a bug it is because you are not having th e permission to modify the file. You can check out in the old directory by changing the user account. Login as administrator and the try back. You can also try to get rid of all files and then start working from new one. That will give you total access.

I have the same problem as you.
    Running with Vista, when I open an Office 2007 document from a webDAV
    folder, it opens in read-only.
    Did you find a solution? Please answer at
    Thank you in advance for sharing anything that could help me and my
    organization.

We solved this read-only problem with WebDAV in Vista SP1, IE8 and Office 2007 by installing hotfix for KB942392 (http://support.microsoft.com/KB/942392). This hotfix, probably, will be included in Vista SP2.