Thread: Can't E-mail Word 2007 Doc?

Can't E-mail Word 2007 Doc?

I did a upgrade to Office 2007 and found out that Outlook doesnt has the option to use Word as the editor and when in a Word document I am not able to find any way to send the document as an email like you could in Office 2003. Is the ability to email from Word there and I am just not finding it or did Microsoft remove this feature. I am able to copy and paste into a new email message but it was a lot easier with some other way? Any ideas?

That option is still available but isnt in the Ribbon by default. You can try to right click your Quick Access Toolbar and then select "Customize Quick Access Toolbar". In the "Commands Not in the Ribbon" category find out the "Send to Mail Recipient" and it to your QAT.

Can you help me too please Beth Same problem(s)

Hi Beth, I am a Newbie, I have this problem also but I am using MS Word 2007 “Student Only” with Mozilla “Thunderbird” for my Email. I have followed the solution you have given:
    <Right-click your Quick Access Toolbar and select "Customize Quick
    Access Toolbar". In the "Commands Not in the Ribbon" category locate "Send
    to Mail Recipient" and add it to your QAT>
    However the Icon is in the QAT but it will not highlight or function can you please give me some more advice please somone mentioned Toggle it on and Off - what does Toggle mean?
    I am also quiet sure that I have an error in the word registry "2007 Student" Only every time I open new Word 2007 Doc from a desktop Icon it takes ages to open and if I don’t “save” what I have been working on’ or after 20 min trying to fix the above all of the “desktop Icons” flicker and disappear and then come back slowly it’s just like the desktop has Refreshed itself?? Is there anyway of fixing this any help would be welcomed thank you

Re: Can't E-mail Word 2007 Doc?

I dont know but I seem to recall that Thunderbird is not compliant with Word for email. Anyways, someone who is familiar with Thunderbird will be able to verify this. In any case, you can go to Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types > Scroll down to and select (DOC for Word files) or XLS for Excel files > Click Advanced and then select Open entry, and then click the edit button. After that you can try to uncheck "Use DDE" and then put your cursor in the Application box, arrow all the way to the right and put in "%1", if there is /dde remove it and then click OK.

Good morning Beth I hope I havent sent this twice It Just told me I wasn't Logged on so I will do it again! Any way Thank you so much for your Help and Bob's thread you have fixed my Problem word is Flying open now Thank you.

Re the T/Bird Email I will have to live with it as I no longer have my Office 2003 Disc (I wish I Could Find It) and I cannot afford to Double Buy so I am stuck but never mind, Thank You again Cobba you are a Chanpion, Dasha

Hi Gordon & Beth Ehh I have never had the “Send to Mail Recipient" ICON in my QAT and I followed Beth’s "antidote" listed below! Trouble is I have the Icon in the QAT now but its Dead I cannot activate it and it won't Select??? If as you say Gordon that you have Student 20007 and T/bird and it works for you I guess there is not a lot I can do? I have written to Moz /T/bird but no reply yet Proberly cause it's the week end thanks’ again to you and Beth for trying and if I sort it I will definitley come back and Pass on my info have a good one Dasha

Beth I just read your latest so will answer here
    Yes I think I have TBird as Default Editor I went to IE >Tools>options >Programs and HTML was Ms Front Page -- Mozilla T/Bird was Email Editor, Outlook was Calender?? Etc so I guess I am still up a tree??
    I will see what T/Bird support say and I will also go over your Antidote again and Reinstall the Send Email to Option and keep you advised Thank’s Cobba talk soon,

You can try to verify the registry settings by following the below method:

1. Close all programs.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem

More information is given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792?FR=1

sorry I have ben so long replying! Thanks for writing and also thank you for the solution that was passed on earlier which got me this far! I will now try and impliment this change you have given me" I've never modified the Reg before but I have backed up and will use the Guided way

That is the proper way of sending it anyway, usually sending a document as the body of the email can lead to all sorts of formatting problems on the recieving end.

I cannot send mail from word 2007 student addition by using the send options either. But I have found a way around that works but is irratating to have to do this. I click on each option (email) (email as xps attmt) (email as pdf attmt) one at a time and clear each error message as they appear. On the third choice, it will open to my send mail and I can enter a contact and send it. Which ever way you want to send the attachment, use that option on the third try and it will work. I don't like this, but until I can find a way to correct it, this is how I send my daily reports.

Yes...this works!

Have you found a solution