Thread: Find Printer "The Directory Service is currently unavailable."

Find Printer "The Directory Service is currently unavailable."

I do not understand why Microsoft Office 2007 is not able to communicate with my printer. It is not simply detecting the same. Whenever I try to add the printer I am getting a error the Directory Service is currently unavailable. What does the error means. The printer looks connected and I can see that inside Printer and Faxes. I am a bit annoyed with the process. I am not able to locate any solution for this.

Are you using a windows server. If yes then the problem lies with Active Directory. That is the place where you are not able to get the printer working on your network. You have to ensure that your system is having enough permission to access the printer. This would be one of the most common cause of that error. You have to configure the printer back from scratch and re-install the driver also.

Try to put the printer and your system on same directory service. Or else you will keep on getting that kind of error. You can try to reconfigure the printer once again and adjust all the permission settings. One more thing. You get that error if you are not in a admin account. That means if you are on a limited account then the error can appear.