Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Spell Check in Office 2007 is not working properly-Can't find tool

MS Office Support

Old 20-09-2007

Spell Check in Office 2007 is not working properly-Can't find tool

If I am typing a mispelled word in Office, then there is no auto correction active and there are also no redline under the mispelled word. If you want to go to review and Spelling and Grammar, then an error message is thrown saying that "Cannot find proofing tools for English (U.S). If you have the proofing tools, try installing them. Contact your local reseller...". So after some testing, I noticed that it only shows up when you do an unattended install using a XML or MSP file. If you install it from the CD or a Share, then it works properly. So, is there anyone who can help me in the proper way? Thanks.

Old 21-09-2007

Re: Spell Check in Office 2007 is not working properly-Can't find tool

Did you try to upgrade over a prior version of Office or are these new installations? What all customizations are you using in your .MSP file, installing straight from CD wouldnt look at those? If after installing, you look at Add/Remove Programs and the installed feature set for Office 2007 listed there, then does it show the proofing tools as set to run from my computer or as not available? If not available then could you try to change the configuration from there to have them added?
Old 21-09-2007

Re: Spell Check in Office 2007 is not working properly-Can't find

I have done this as a fresh install. I told both the MSP and the XML to install everything except Outlook and nothing else.
Old 26-09-2007

Re: Spell Check in Office 2007 is not working properly-Can't find

You can try to resolve this problem, but you will need to backup and delete the following registry key:-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing Tools

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: ,