Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Office 03 end-user licence agreement keeps opening

MS Office Support

Old 26-06-2007

Microsoft Office 03 end-user licence agreement keeps opening

I bought a new HP PC with Windows Vista and Office 2007 Trail preloaded. Yesterday I installed Office 2003 on this system successfully. But when I launched MS Word for the first time, it came up with a pop up saying something incorrect version error from BCM Business Contact Manager) 07. I believe that this is because I forgot to remove Office Trail before installing Office 2003. Hope I?m correct here.

Anyways, I clicked OK on the BCM error window which brings me up with End-User license Agreement. I followed all the instructions on the screen and registered my copy. After doing this I went to control panel and removed BCM 07 so that it won?t conflict anymore. So far everything went good but now the problem is whenever I open any office application, no matter word, excel or PowerPoint, the end-user license agreement (EULA) just keeps popping up each and every time.

To get rid of the same I reinstalled office but still EULA appears every time I try using office programs. Somebody please help.

Old 28-06-2007

Re: Microsoft Office 03 end-user licence agreement keeps opening

Well that is one of the most common problems faced by several users around the world. But fortunately Microsoft has provided a solution for it. Here it is:
  • Log on to the computer by using a user account that has administrative credentials.
  • Start an Office program, such as Word. The End User License Agreement dialog box appears.
  • Note For Windows Vista, click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, right-click an Office program, click Run as administrator, and then click Continue.
  • Click I Accept.
  • Exit the Office program that you just started.
  • Repeat step 2 to step 4 for the other Office programs that still prompt you with the EULA.
Old 20-04-2010

I had the same problem with 2003 Pro and Windows 7. Easiest way I found to fix is to find the office program (Outlook, Word, excel etc) in the start menu Right Click on Microsoft Outlook (or Word, Excel etc), click on properties, Find the Compatibility Tab and Check Box the option at the bottom that says "Run this program as administrator". Apply/Ok

Now open and close Microsoft Outlook (Word, Excel etc), accept the EULA terms and close and re-open. It may take 1 or 2 times before it accepts, but I had no problems after. Hope this helps!
Old 01-04-2012

Thank you Jesse B, did what you advised and now working fine with no user agreement popping up each time. How nice to use word with sensible menu drop downs again ! many thanks for your info.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , ,