Thread: Msvcr80.dll was not found error on Office Enterprise 2007

Msvcr80.dll was not found error on Office Enterprise 2007

I see a handful of post with my same issue with no solutions. I will restate the issue and hope someone can direct me to the solution or someone who can assist to solve this problem. I have an ACER laptop running Vista Home Premium. I have installed Office Enterprise 2007 as well as a handful of other products. All office components work with the exception of PowerPoint and Outlook. They both receive the following error upon executing. This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problemĀ. Some post suggest removing Norton via the removal tool from Symantec. Did that and it did not help. Other posts talk about manifest files. Tried those suggestions and they also do not work. Another post suggests copying the file into the system32 folder. That eliminates the error but the system then just goes directly to Microsoft Office has stopped working and is looking for a solution. Anyone have a suggestion?

Are you using Norton. If yes then try to remove it and then check back. It looks the issue is with the antivirus. You must remove it and then check back. One thing you can do is run a repair setup of Office 2007 and then check back. The repair setup will replace the dll files and it would work fine. There will be no issue with the same once the setup is fine. But still before running that you can remove the antivirus and then check back.

That is a common error. I will recommend you to run windows update and then check back. It would resolve the issue. If that does not work try to run Visual C Runtime setup and then check back. I am sure it will work well.

Solution

If your PC happens to be an Acer then the cause is the Acer eDataSecurity add-in.
    To solve all your woe's open Regedit and navigate to this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OAddin.Addin

Change the LoadBehaviour to be 1

Restart Outlook. Tada

If this helps you then please spread the word to other forums. I notice some of these posts occur on a few different forums around the web. I'm not a member of any I was just searching for a solution. In the end I just made an educated guess and it worked for me, so if it works for you copy this message and stick it on any other relevant forums you may be members of.

Thanks,
    Nath.

I have found the easiest fix for this to be:

Open MS Word
    Click on the Office Orb in the upper left of the screen
    Click Word Options
    Click Resources
    Click Diagnose

MS Office will then run some scans and after about 5 minutes, the issue is corrected. Works very nicely.

It took me a long time to find this in Office 2007, but once I found it I figured that there is no better program to fix it then itself. Try it and you will be pleased, I have not had this issue since running this fix.

re: Msvcr80.dll was not found error on Office Enterprise 2007

I cannot install my nokia pc suite. It says Cannot find msvcr80.dll needed by GrooveUtil.dll in microsoft office.

"Executable G:\Nokia_N72.exe had the following unrecoverable error:
    Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveUtil.dll)
    Please ensure that it is installed"

I tried diagnosing the error from microsoft word as suggested by ChrisN but still getting the same error.

I downloaded a new copy of MSVCR80.dll and extracted in system32 but still getting an error.

I have read many forums..They say you have to uninstall windows defender 2.0 beta, but i don't have one installed in my pc.

Errors are not reported by Norton. I am getting this error when installing Nokia PC suite. Please Help. Any help will be appreciated!!

hello i am sunit i also have the same problem you m4enegma
    i tried to install edurite physics it installed on running an animation it gave reply It says Cannot find msvcr80.dll needed by GrooveUtil.dll in microsoft office.
    "
    Executable edurite had the following unrecoverable error:
    Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveUtil.dll)
    Please ensure that it is installed

"
    i have tried all the solutions in the forum but none worked i also tried many solutions from other sites none worked
    please someone give/post a solution which could resolve my problem

I have followed all suggestions but still get the same error when opening outlook - missing msvcr80.dll

Have edited registry as suggested - now removed edata security as also suggested & run countless repairs via microsoft tool

I have an Acer laptop - running Vista - latest updated installed plus Norton 360

Driving me mad - office is version 2007 Enterprise - any help please ??

I have an Acer laptop, and until two days ago I have used Vista HP, and Office 2007 with no problems, even with a reload 6 months ago. Last Thursday I tried to start my system and it didn't get too far past POST. Now I'm getting the missing MSRVR80.DLL file error. NEVER before. I really think it has something to do with the Windows Updates. I've tried reloading, I've tried doing the Windows updates without the office updates, I'm now trying the fixes listed here, but from what I've read I don't have much hope. If this doesn't work I'll be reloading, and not doing any of the updates. If I can find you again I'll let you know.....

Well I did yet another reload, this time with no windows updates. First boot was fine, I got all my email addresses loaded, even downloaded one. Rebooted and it started that configuration crap, 15 min of doing nothing. After that I received the same missing file error. Unless its sneaking in an update or two I have no idea. Nothing has changed between running and not running except time. Does anyone else use the student copy from their school? If anyone hit THE ONE that fixes it, please email me?

Norton is the first thing I removed before continuing my restore.

Okay, I let it update, and update, and configure itself and Outlook is running right now. I have at least retrieved emails I needed, and I'm going to try to set up Thunderbird while it can still be accessed, (just in case.) Thanks for all the input above.

So far so good on everything running. Patients with the reloads seemed to work for me. I hope everyone gets through it okay.

I fixed the mscvr80.dll error on my Acer laptop when outlook would not load after installing microsoft office and here's how I did it:

1st) I un-installed the acer edata security managment software

control panel
    add/remove software
    select - edata security management software
    Remove/un-install

2nd) I rebooted and confirmed it was not in the add remove software list

3rd) I opened microsoft word and ran office diagnostics

click on the microsoft orb in the upper left corner after word opens
    click on word options
    click on resources
    click on diagnostics (diagnistics take several minutes to complete)

Viola !!! outlook works great now

prior to uninstalling "edata security managment" I would run office diagnostics and repair outlook. It would open 1st time okay then when I opened it again the error messege mscvr80.dll missing would re-appear.

Removing edata security managment is the key for an acer machine.

I have Norton installed with a Vista home operating system on my Acer Laptop.
    Last edited by Joe40oz; 08-12-2009 at 02:41 PM.

I have a compaq & have rec'd the same notice that the msvcr80.dll is missing - don't know what to do - - - - so, if anyone knows how to fix on a compaq PLEASE let me know

@m4enigma

dude did u find any solution to the above problem? plz share with me ASAP. I got this exact problem and in the same way that you did. along with this i have R6034 prob.

guys solution pls.

Quote Originally Posted by duekia View Post
    @m4enigma

dude did u find any solution to the above problem? plz share with me ASAP. I got this exact problem and in the same way that you did. along with this i have R6034 prob.

guys solution pls.
    If you build your application as 'DEBUG', you should get a DebugBreak() dialog box when you run it. Then, if you break into the code, you'll see __CRTDLL_INIT on the stack. In that function (in crtlib.c), right before the _NMSG_WRITE, you can set a break point on _check_manifest() and re-run the application. Stepping into _check_manifest() will tell you why it thinks that no manifest was used to load the CRT.