Thread: uninstall and reinstall office 2007 without using additional license

uninstall and reinstall office 2007 without using additional license

I recently bought Office 2007 with three license key and have already installed it on my three computers. Now as I also bought a new laptop I want to remove office suite from one desktop and install it on my laptop. So I wanted to know if I can do it by uninstalling from one desktop and installing on laptop OR will I need to buy another copy of Office 2007? If I can do it, then please let me know how?

Thank you very much.

Yes, you can do it easily by uninstalling it from one PC and then installing it on another one. That’s actually how the licensing works. Simply first remove, then install on your laptop and activate with the license key. If you face any problem (rare cases) then you will just need to go through Phone activation which is Microsoft Office Activation line 1- 888-652-2342. That’s it.

re: uninstall and reinstall office 2007 without using additional license

I uninstalled Office '07 and now I get "Error 1935" when I attempt to reinstall. It is a Windows 7 running on a 64-bit system laptop. This is a problem without a solution.

Re: uninstall and reinstall office 2007 without using additional license

Have you installed the .NET Framework on your system? Because this error is generated due to .NET Framework (one & only one reason). So you will have to repair the Microsoft .NET Framework. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Control Panel and then click Add or Remove Programs.
    2. In the Installed Programs list, click Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, and then click Change / Remove..
    3. Click Repair, and then click Next.

I've done that twice. It still won't work.

Even I think that the Error 1935 gets generated only because of the .Net Framework. So if you are getting that error then the only best option is to uninstall it. But as you said that you are not able to uninstall it, there should be surely some issues with your operating system files. So the last remaining option is trying to format your operating system. After formatting, you can try to install the MS Office. At that time you will able to work on MS Office correctly.

Can you elaborate, precisely, about "Formatting" the operating system? Sadly, computers no longer come with any re-installation software of any kind.

You can make use of the utility disc that is of operating system and boot the system using disc by assigning First boot device as CD Rom from BIOS. Then you have follow the step by step process and format the system by selecting the drive where your Windows was previously installed. Then the new copy of the windows will be loaded and after that you have to restart the system. Now boot the system and do not press any key if it prompts to boot from disc. Follow the instructions and operating system will be installed. Now get the copy of MS office and install it.