Thread: office msg that cannot find any answer to

office msg that cannot find any answer to

I have just purchased a computer with Vista and preloaded Office 2007 Pro. I am trying to reinstall the program but the message from BCN office addin comes that "office application versions do not match". This comes up every time I load the office program other than access? Can anyone tell me what does this means? Thanks for any clues.

Re: office msg that cannot find any answer to

I think that by "BCN" you mean that it might be Business Contact Manager? If that is the issue then it seems to me like you also have the Business Contact Manager installed on your computer that was designed for a previous version of Office. You can try to uninstall it and then the message might probably go away.

RE: office msg that cannot find any answer to

Even I was having this same issue. I was actually running Vista fine and deleted not so necessary add-ins and the slowness problem disappeared, then I checked an update posted to update office 2007 to clear the issue. I updated and then the "Office Application Does Not Match" box began to appear.

I have also just started to see this issue. It seems to follow a Windows update for Outlook, which would not install correctly:

Update for Outlook 2007 (KB933493)

This update fixes a problem in which a calendar item that is marked as private is opened if it is found by using the Search Desktop feature. The update also fixes performance issues that occur when you work with items in a large .pst file or .ost file.

The problem is in Word, excel, powerpoint and Publisher. I don't actually use Outlook, but thought I'd do thtr update just in case I decide to use it in future - silly me!

I have uninstalled Business Contact Manager for Outlook, along with its sql component (these seem to have been installed along with the Windows Update). Now the programmes are working OK without the error message. thanks for the advice folks.