Thread: Outlook 2007 MSVCR80.dll

Outlook 2007 MSVCR80.dll

I have checked other post about this problem but the solutions are not working for me. I am running Office 2007 on a new laptop with Vista. Office was running fine for some time but now if I am trying to start Outlook, then it says that it is not able to find the msvcr80.dll file? It will also not let me to reinstall Outlook. I checked some solutions to remove add-ins but dont know where is it in Outlook. I also tried System Restore but that didnt help me either. Is there any other solution? Thanks.

Office 2003 runs fine in Vista. Do other Office 2007 programs run okay? For the MSVCR80.dll problem, a work-around during the beta was to rename or move your manifest file(s). They are located in the same folder as the Office 2007 executables (e.g., C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12). You might need to display file extensions to see the ".manifest" extensions. There should a file named OUTLOOK.EXE.MANIFEST. I would try creating a subfolder (name it something like "old manifest files" and move Outlook's manifest file there. Then see if Outlook works.

Any luck?

I'm having the same problem...

Did you find any solution for this?

Thanks a lot.

Same here

Hi,

I've got this problem too... replacement of dll file or manifest file does not make outlook work. All other office programms work. Turned to Mozilla Thunderbird as escape. Anyone with a solution?

I have same combination of Vista Business and Outlook 2007. When I booted to safe mode, and started Outlook there, then Outlook works. The other way is to deinstall Office, then reinstall and start Outlook, because it works only one single time before the error appears again. Then go in Outlook Tools - Macro - Security - Add-ins - Manage COM Add-Ins ->Go.

I inactivated every add-in, and Outlook began to work.

But not a long time, because the new Office 2007 SP1 brought the same msvcr80.dll missing -error back, and reactivated two of Outlook's add-ins. When I started Outlook in safe mode, and deactivated those add-ins again, it did not work any more. Now I am in square one again. The other "solution" were to use Outlook in safe mode - not a very fascinating option.

Btw copying the msvcr80.dll from Office 2007 CD to c:\windows\system32 does not work. Neither the zero-length msvcr80.dll file trick which some have suggested.

Do you happen to have Acer laptop? Many posts have connected the error to Acer. I have Acer 6592G. I have removed all Acer specific programs & I do not have Norton - so these two common suggestions which have cured the prolem for some, do not work either, in my case, anyway.
    Last edited by emeritus; 16-12-2007 at 04:21 PM.

I have an Acer Aspire M1100, however it's a desktop. Acer has extra software (Empowering Technology Framewor, EDataSecurity Management, eRecovery Management and ePerformance Management) pre-installed on it. Might this be a cause?

I Uninstalled all the Acer software and so-far everything is working - It may be that the Acer software was only designed for WinXP/Office2003 level of support and they tried a quick&dirty release for Vista/Office2007.

PS I have an Acer 5620 desktop that works great for Database engines (Oracle, Access, SQLServer, and DB2).

Jeffrey

I used Emeritus' suggestion but deviated from it:

Quote Originally Posted by emeritus View Post
    I booted to safe mode, and started Outlook there, then Outlook works.
    Quote Originally Posted by emeritus View Post
    in Outlook Tools - Macro - Security - Add-ins - Manage COM Add-Ins ->Go. I inactivated every add-in, and Outlook began to work.
    And now Outlook 2007 is working again. I would not surprise me if JeffreyMtl is right in the following:

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyMtl View Post
    It may be that the Acer software was only designed for WinXP/Office2003 level of support and they tried a quick&dirty release for Vista/Office2007.
    Thanks to all!

Greetz
    Menno

I removed every Acer driver I could (Acer Crystal eye seems to always come back from hardware I suppose), and in my Acer Outlook still works only in safe mode.

Being faced with the same problems (and having tried all the posted solutions so far - without success) I uninstalled Office 2007, then reinstalled. This time I refrained from loading the SP1.
    So far so good - I'm functioning normally. I can only hope that a 'real' solution comes along from Acer/Microsoft *sigh*

I think I've discover something....

I've installed all updates on my acer 5715 (with eData uninstalled and including SP1) unless the known KB946983 (when I install it crash and I can't ever start Outlook definitvely unless I uninstall it) and I can start my Outlook 2007 but ever if I start it from the icon allocated on the start menu (not in "all programs"). Also, I can start it too from the cmd.exe ever if I type "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE", If i go throught directories one by one up to the last directory and then start it, it doesn't works....

Maybe from where it runs by another path or similar something... I haven't any idea....

I've tried every thing....

Check Acer's Help and Support for the answer.

Re: Outlook 2007 MSVCR80.dll

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I have just tried

1. uninstalling Acer's Empowering Technology software and 2. running Office Dignostics (which said there were no issues), and Outlook is now working this without having to re-install or shut down. If this doesn't work long term I'll let you guys know.

I had also ages ago tried uninstalled Norton and Acer's eData Security but had then had to keep uninstalling Office and re-installing - so I am trying this new way.

Good Luck!