Thread: USB flash drive not appearing in My Computer

USB flash drive not appearing in My Computer

I just purchased a 2GB SanDisk Cruser Micro Flash Drive. I was having a very old usb before that works well on my Windows XP system. Now when I connect this new one it is not working. My system is not detecting the usb drive at all. It shows me a new hardware found wizard on the screen, but when I try to install it I am facing a problem. I had updated the drivers and done everything. The drive is not coming up in my system.

There are possibilities that it is a damaged hardware. Try to put it on some other port and then see that is available or not. Just to test connect the drive to some other working pc and check back. I do not think this is some kind of driver problem. If that does not work then you can carry the same back to the vendor and ask for replacement.

i had the exact same problem as you. i checked out disk management, saw that G: is the removable disk, i went into my computer. saw that g: is a mapped drive-disconnected it...and the g: removable thumb drive appeared...pc