Thread: Microsoft office picture manager is not working in Office 2007

Microsoft office picture manager is not working in Office 2007

Picture Manager is not working in my system. I had just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007. It was working fine before and according to me there was no problem with the upgrade. Things were ok here. When I try to open Picture Manager I am getting a error on the screen. The error is "only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed". I scanned my system and found some virus detected. It looks the upgrade added some virus in the system also.

I do not think the upgrade has added virus in your system. There can be some other problem. Without going much inside the detail there is one more thing you can do. You can simply run a repair setup and then see whether the problem is fixed or not. Just run Office setup once again and in that click on Repair. Follow the screen instruction. The setup will replace the setup and it would work properly.

First scan your system properly so that all virus or any detected infection would be wiped out completely. Then re-install Office setup once again. Things would work fine there. There is very less chances that while running a upgrade installation this kind of problem may appear.

Quote Originally Posted by holz235 View Post
    After ive edited a picture i try to save it and it says, file canot be saved
    please try again. Ive never had a problem before?
    I just (finally) discovered that this problem is caused when the JPEG has codes embedding the color profile for my monitor (as opposed to a standard RGB profile, or none at all). For me, the embedding was related to JPEGs I created from Adobe Acrobat PDFs, but it's possible that some digital camera software is also embedding these codes. Here's what I found that works:

SOLUTION A -- Converting the embedded profile (and/or using other software):

1) Download free graphics software such as Gimp.

2) When you open the file in Gimp, it will tell you if there is an embedded color profile (mine had "HP L1910 LCD Monitor"), and Gimp will ask if you want to convert to RGB. Say YES.

3) If you don't want to use Gimp to process your picture, then Save the converted file without any further action. (To really prove the test works, save under a new file name, so you can still compare to the original file.)

4) Close the file and exit Gimp

5) Open the converted file in Office Picture Manager.

6) Make changes. You should now be able to save the edits.

---------------------

SOLUTION B - Fixing Adobe Acrobat so it doesn't embed color profiles:

1) Launch Adobe Acrobat

2) In the menus, go to EDIT | PREFERENCES

3) Select "CONVERT FROM PDF" in the left-most preferences box

4) Click once to select "JPEG" from the "Converting from PDF" box

5) Click once to select "RGB Policy" in the right-most box. It likely says "Embed Profile"

6) Click the "Edit Settings" button, and use the drop-down menus in the COLOR MANAGEMENT section to change RGB and Grayscale to "OFF," then click OK.

7) Repeat Steps 4-7 for "TIFF," "PNG" and any other photo file type settings that you use frequently.

8) Click OK to exit the Acrobat Preferences.

That should solve the problem going forward.

------------------

If your issue is unrelated to Adobe Acrobat, check your software package that you use to download/save photos, or whatever software may be applicable. Perhaps you can locate the color profile embedding settings, and then switch it off.