Thread: Outlook 2007 slow typing

Outlook 2007 slow typing o

I am working on Microsoft Outlook 2007. I found it slow in performance. When I try to type or compose a new email I found the typing is extremely slow. It is not working well. There was no issue with Outlook 2003. It was really working well. I am not able find out any fix for Office 2007. Why it is slow. Does it more ram. I thought the new version of Outlook would be much more better compared to Office 2003.

Re: Outlook 2007 slow typing

It looks that your system is working slow. The problem does not lies with Outlook. You have to simply ensure that your have maximum free ram to perform the action. Try to check the same in Task Manager and see there you are able to find the ram or not. If the same is completely occupied then you have to get rid of some background services. Or else you have to re-install office to fix the same.

I am sing a Dell Inspiron laptop that has Intel Core 2 Duo processor in it. There is 2GB RAM. I had upgraded Microsoft Office. After upgrade the performance is degraded to great extent. It is not really working well. While the old edition was really good. It was working fine and there was no issue with the performance. I never faced issue with office performance when I was using Office 2003. I think

Is there any add-in in your web browser. You have to check and get rid of all extra addons installed on your system. The issue lies with the same. Disable all the add-ons and then check back again. I am sure it will be fixed. I got the issue on Word. I had added some addon that would give information on live quotes. It affected the performance to great extent. Later on when I get rid of addons issues were fixed. There was no issue with the same.

I have the same problem. This problem started after i installed and removed some anti-virus software. I have noticed that the tasks list on the right side of outlook is very active for some reason. It keeps blinking in a refresh manor, like something is actively searching. All my add-ins are disabled. Anybody any luck resolving this problem?

Tried the addon disable. No workie! So here is the fix. Check active desktop. Here is how for the non techs. (THIS IS FOR XP USERS, VISTA AND WIN7 is different rules to follow) Go to your desktop, right click anywhere on a open space of the desktop, and when the little box pops up, go down to properties and click on it. Now, click on the desktop tab, and then click the customize desktop button (I'm going off of memory, so bear with me if I get a couple of words or steps wrong) Now when the next box opens, click on the "Web" tab, and then uncheck anything thats in the big white box. If you uncheck the "lock desktop" button, that is what makes your icons on your desktop not have color background behind the words. Just FYI. Now click apply. Hope this helps. I think it is an active desktop issue, but will see. She hasnt called back yet, so im guessing that was the problem. Good luck.