Thread: How to convert normal.dot to normal.dotm

How to convert normal.dot to normal.dotm

Is it possible to convert normal.dot to normal.dotm. I am talking about converting a template of Office 2003 version to Office 2007. I think this is possible. I found it a bit complicated to work on new one. I am having many stuff in the old template which I modified and want the same on new version of Office. If I upgrade directly to Office 2007 will those settings work. I do not think they will be restored.

I do not think it is needed to convert it. You can just place that file in your new office edition and save it. The template will be updated automatically to new version. So you might be aware about the way to move the existing template to your new Office setup and then check back whether it works fine or not.

re: How to convert normal.dot to normal.dotm

When creating documents with a little special, it is better to make a model and from this model to create their own documents. For administrator rights, you can modify. Think also go for a ride on Practice Guidelines and the answers more or less interesting that I have collected over time. Some are probably a bit outdated.

Suggestion.
    It is better not to work in your original administrator session but create another with the same rights. It was a sort of fail safe session that it will work if the other goes. If you adopt, you have only to move your documents or put them in the Public folder if you're the only user