Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is office 2002 (XP) fully compatible with vista?

MS Office Support

Old 01-03-2007

Is office 2002 (XP) fully compatible with vista?

I want to know that does Office 2002 is completely compatible with Windows Vista. I am a bit doubtful on the same. I am having a copy of Office XP that I can use on my new Windows Vista laptop. But I am unable to find out any information on the compatibility stuff. I had seen that many old software does not perform well on Vista. So on that basis which would be better. To install Office XP or should I go for new version of Office.

Old 16-03-2007

It is compatible. You do not require to worry about the same. You can install Office XP on Windows Vista. But the you would not get the benefit of new version of Microsoft Office. The new edition Office 2007 has many new things in it. While Office XP offers you minimum support. Basically it totally depends on you want you want.
Old 01-04-2007

I think there is no clarification on the same. You can test that. According to me it is possible to install Office XP but you can face problem with upgrades. There can be serious problem with upgrades. It is essential that you must use it, but you must not go for any upgrades. That would be a problem in future. And if you are planing to switch to Office 2007 then you must install the same with Office XP. That means adding both things side by side.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: ,