Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Office Document Imaging and Scanning

MS Office Support

Old 17-02-2007

Microsoft Office Document Imaging and Scanning

So I have installed Office 2007 and not I am unable to view Fax Documents. I am getting the following error that states "The fax document cannot be displayed because your operating system does not have a default viewer for fax documents (.tif files)." I am also not able to find Microsoft Office Document Scanning and Microsoft Office Document Imaging in programs. Any ideas?

Old 17-02-2007

The MS Office Document Imaging and Scanning are optional installation features, you can try to add them by changing the Microsoft Office feature set from Add and Remove programs in the Control Panel, hope this helps.
Old 20-11-2007

Re: Microsoft Office Document Imaging and Scanning

Even I am facing the same issuse that appears to be activated when Windows installs automatic updates. I have an office 2007 trial running and it has run without a problem for a few weeks, until the computer updated itself while I was away. After that I have tried most other options, including manually reinstalling the MODI in both 2003 and 2007. I also tried system restore to a date when I knew it was working well, but it then opens the first fax correctly and reverts to the "....operating system does not have a default fax viewer installed (.tif)". Is there any othen solution for this problem? Thanks.
Old 09-07-2009

Re: Microsoft Office Document Imaging and Scanning

Go to the following link where you will get MODI.
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\MODI\12.0\MSPVIEW.EXE"

All the best....

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support