Thread: Windows is configuring Microsoft Office Professional Hybrid 2007

Windows is configuring Microsoft Office Professional Hybrid 2007

I had installed two different edition of Microsoft Office 2007 on my system. One is Small Business edition and other one is Professional. Both are trail. First I was using the Professional edition. It did not came with Outlook 2007 so I installed Small Business. But it looks that there is some issue with emails. Whenever I send a mail I am getting a message on the screen. It is Windows is configuring Microsoft Office Professional Hybrid 2007. It keeps on appearing each time when I send a mail. How to disable this.

You have to get rid of one. It looks there is some issue with the configuration which is causing the failure. And this was also a bit confusing to find that how does both the edition are installed on your system. It will either upgrade or modify the existing version. You must go in control panel and remove one of them and then check back. It must be working fine according to me.

Found a fix! Vista Enterprise, Office 2007 Enterprise
    My problem was that due to corruption of the offline file store in the Client Side Cache (CSC), the user could not save Microsoft office documents of any type to a network drive or folder. Offline folder synchronization was being forced by a Group Policy. Because of this you could not modify offline file settings and therefore could not enable or disable offline files. You cannot delete the v2.6.0 folder located in C:\Windows\CSC because it is locked while logged into domain.

Solution:
    1. Log in as a local (non-domain) administrator.
    2. Take ownership of C:\Windows\CSC and all subfolders and files.
    3. Delete everything under C:\Windows\CSC. (the v2.6.0 folder MUST be deleted!)
    Restart computer, log into domain. Offline file synchronization should now be working and users can connect and save office documents to network drives and folders.

Hi and thanks for response. My issue was related to the CSC - Client-Side-Cache becoming corrupted (undocking laptop while sych of off-line files was occurring in background) here is an update of problem and solution - it occurred again yesterday so I paidd attention to the fix:

Problem:
    Found a fix! Vista Enterprise, Office 2007 Enterprise
    My problem was that due to corruption of the offline file store in the Client Side Cache (CSC), the user could not save Microsoft office documents of any type to a network drive or folder. Offline folder synchronization was being forced by a Group Policy. Because of this user could not modify offline file settings and therefore could not enable or disable offline files while logged into the Domain.

Solution:
    1. Reboot into safemode.
    2. Log in as a local (non-domain) administrator.
    2. Take ownership of C:\Windows\CSC and all subfolders and files.
    3. Delete everything under C:\Windows\CSC, including the CSC folder itself.
    4. Restart computer, log into domain. The CSC folder will be re-created. Offline file synchronization should now be working and users can connect and save office documents to network drives and folders.

Keywords: Off-line folder synch, Cannot save office documents to network drive, CSC, Office 2007 Vista Sychronization, Client Side Cache

My fix was related to CA Antivirus. You need to disable "protect network drives" under settings-advanced.

Hope that helps.

re: Windows is configuring Microsoft Office Professional Hybrid 2007

hello there,

Could somebody help me?
    I have big a problem regarding the activation and convertion to full version of office small business 2007 trial. I purchased a copy of medialess kit - "ms office small business 2007 with office professional 2007 trial" last april 7, 2009. I reformat the computer (windows xp pro sp2) and installed it with "ms office small business 2007 trial (without office professional 2007 trial)" which I downloaded from microsoft's web site. I installed that trial version successfully and its working fine, now my problem is the cd key that i obtained from the purchased "card of medialess kit" is invalid to activate the trial version of ms office small business 2007 trial.
    Is "ms office small business 2007" the same with "ms office small business 2007 with office professional 2007 trial"?
    My trial version of ms office will expire soon... Please help....
    Thank you...

It is correct that you have to use atleast one edition at one time or else you will be facing this kind of problem. I am using a ultimate edition of Microsoft Office that all everything in it. There is no need to install any additional stuff here. While when you keep on adding a new version every time your settings are affected.

I am having a similar problem with MS Offce 2007 Small Business always configuring. I went in and selected "Run from my computer" for everything but it still does it after I shut down and frestarted. Any help would be appreciated. This is a pain in the #$&.
    Last edited by gcuneen; 27-07-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: details