Thread: How to move office to new computer without violating license?

How to move office to new computer without violating license?

I got a CD of office 2007. I am having a old xp computer. After a month I am going to get a new laptop. So first I am going to install Office on my old system and then want to transfer the same to the new one. I found that I cannot use a single license key on two computers. So which is the best way to move Office 2007 properly on the new computer without violating any license policy.

Install Office on your old computer. Do not activate it. It will work under trail period. You can use that for free for the entire month and once you get the new computer install Office again on that and activate it. This would be one of the best way to get office properly installed and avoiding any license issues.

You can only transfer the license if you are having a volume license edition of Microsoft Office. That allows you to transfer the license from one system to another. Just use the trial edition as mentioned above. And then on the new computer activate the trail edition. That would keep the license file safer and you can use it on the new computer.

re: How to move office to new computer without violating license?

I have office 2007 that came with my windows vista laptop and wondered if i can get the licence key off of the laptop and insert it into a trial version on my new computer??

re: How to move office to new computer without violating license?

There is no possible way to do that. I had tried searching a lot on that and even contacted Microsoft for the same. First off all you will need to register if you have the license key. In that place, you can go for a beta version for the office applications. The beta is a free version and works for longer time without any better support. I will recommend you to download the Beta version of Office 2010 for your new system.