Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to insert Path & Filename in Footer/Header in Office 2007

MS Office Support

Old 03-01-2007

Earlier I was using MS Office 2003 where I use to make Footer more informative by adding Date/Time, Page numbers, path and Filename. Now a week ago I upgraded the same to Office 2007 version but there is no option in the footer to add more than Date/Time and Page numbers.

Is it removed from 2007 version? Is there any alternate way to do the same?

Old 03-01-2007

Re: How to insert Path & Filename in Footer/Header in Office 2007

Nope, it is not removed from office 2007 but instead it has various features intended for ease of replication and any such features are moved or supplemented in the 'Quick Parts' area in 'galleries'. Anyways, you can still insert the filename in Footer by going to Insert tab, or if you're already in the footer, the 'Header & Footer Tools=>Design' tab. Here use Quickparts=>Fields=>Filename (turn on the 'Add path to filename' choice).Once you selected the footer style, just press Alt+F3 to save the same.
Old 07-04-2010

Re: How to insert Path & Filename in Footer/Header in Office 2007

I am running into the same problem, having a problem with adding a filename in a footer. Tried to follow the instructions but running into a snag.
I can find the Design tab but not sure about the last few steps below.

use Quickparts=>Fields=>Filename
(turn on the 'Add path to filename' choice)

Any help would be appreciated

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: , , , , , ,