Thread: microsoft office document imaging in office 2007

microsoft office document imaging in office 2007

Can anyone tell me where is MS Office Document Imaging in Office 2007 located? The old Office XP used to open to open tiff files with Microsoft Office Document Imaging, that doesnt appear to have in Office 2007. Because of that I am not able to open some tiff files that for some reason dont open with Microsoft Picture and Fax viewer. So what am I suppose to do? Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

Re: microsoft office document imaging in office 2007

You need to uninstall and then reinstall the MODI printer driver feature using your Office 2003 CD. Follow the below instructions:
    1. First of all try to close all running applications. If you have any Office application running, the driver will not be installed properly.
    2. After that you need to go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs".
    3. Now you have to click on "Microsoft Office 2003" and then click on "Change".
    4. After that you can check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
    5. Now try to check on the bottom of the page check "Choose advance customization of applications." and click "Next".
    6. Now check under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of "Office Tools"
    7. After that search for the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Not Available".
    8. Now you have to click on "Update". This will uninstall the MODI driver.
    9. After that repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you were before.
    10. Now you have to locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging", click the icon and select "Run from My Computer".
    11. Lastly, you can click on "Update".

Re: microsoft office document imaging in office 2007

Alright, I think that I gave you instructions for 2003, but not sure whether it will work for 2007 to get the Imaging Program or not. You can however try to do a repair and see if that works.

So, I took your suggestions to go into Repair and Office 2007, dont know why, reinstalled itself from scratch and now I have a fully functional Microsoft Office Document Imaging to open all my tiff files. Thanks for the solution.