Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Office Documents Slow to open on Double click.

MS Office Support

Old 10-10-2006

Office Documents Slow to open on Double click.

I am facing problem with Office documents. I think I did a grave mistake by performing a upgrade. I upgraded the same to Office 2007. The setup was fine but there was some issue with the installation. I had downloaded all the files. The update was not complicated. Now upon reboot I found that windows was asking to install some updates. The updates installation was fine but somehow it looks the performance is affected. Office takes around 2 to 3 minutes to launch a file. How can I reduce the time.

Old 14-12-2006

I am also getting the same issue. It looks office 2007 is a bit resource intensive due to which you are facing the problem. After upgrade I found the system looks to be working slow. So I had added more ram and things are fine. The system is responding well. I found that the new office is a bit visually enhanced that consume more ram. So if you are on extremely slow and old computer it is recommended that you must add more hardware to the same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Tags: ,