Thread: Prop Res DLL not loaded

Prop Res DLL not loaded

This is Outlook 2003. I started getting problems while printing my emails from Outlook. Whenever I try to print, I get an error message on screen saying “Prop Res DLL not loaded.” There use to be an OK button which I need to click about 10 times to make disappear. Once it is gone, printer automatically starts printing the mail but it prints the Header only and not the email body.

Tried getting some help from Google but dint found anything. Hope anyone here can help me out.

Re: Prop Res DLL not loaded

There is nothing wrong with your Outlook, it is probably Printer's problem. Which brand printer is it? Until you reply, maybe you could try to do a repair installation of your Office. To do so simply insert the CD with Office into your CD-drive and chose "Repair" from the appearing menu. Should the menu not appear, start the "Steup" programm from the CD manually.

Uninstall the office xp, after that go to Program Files and check if theres a folder named Microsoft Office. If it is still present even though you've completely uninstalled it delete it. Then open the registry editor (start > run and type regedit) go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/microsoft/ and delete the key "office". Same as in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/microsoft/ delete "office". Restart your PC and reinstall Office XP.

Thank you very much for the help guys. Finally i maned to fix the problem with your suggestions. Everything prints fine now. Appreciated.

I looks like you need to go to system32/spool/drivers/w32x86/Lexmark_<whatever your printer is>
    and find a DLL names lx**prpr.dll. I have an x6100, and my dll was named lxbfprpr.dll (all my dlls were named lxbf***.dll

Hope this helps. I haven't seen the rotten dialog box since I copied this file.

On a personal note, while I hate to bash any one vendor, I am not a fan of Lexmark printers. While they generally have a good feature set for the price points, I have had numerous installation and software issue with them, and they tend to require proprietary hardware (read: print servers) to add features. The best example of this is when I bought a new laptop and a Lexmark printer for my son for college. The night before he leaves, after packing the van, I figure I'll set up the printer. So I install the drivers, hook everything up, iand get a communication error. I change printer cables, and hook the laptop up to an HP printer, and everything works. So, after considering the prospect of endless waits on the phone for support and downloads and re-installs of software, I just returned the thing and got an HP - worked the first time like a champ.