Thread: Word/Excel/PowerPoint: Slow to Start

Word/Excel/PowerPoint: Slow to Start

I am having a Windows XP system. I am using Office 2003 on that. It is a quiet old system with decent performance. I will not stay it was extremely fast. But enough to do my work. From last few days I found that it is working extremely slow. I am not able to open or browse my files. When I double click on Excel it takes around 3 to 5 minutes to open the file. It is just a waste of time. I need some help to improve this. I had just installed updated recently that's all.

You can try to register the applications that would help you. There are some basic options to do that. For that run cmd and in that type winword /regserver. Hit enter. Then the second command you have to type excel /regserver. The third thing you can try powerpnt /regserver. Just restart the system and then check back.

What if PDF acts the same like word excel and powerpoint (also slow to start)

In my situation nothing helped AND I have PDF starting slow as well. What can cause this?

Re: Word/Excel/PowerPoint: Slow to Start

You have to run a repair setup of Microsoft Office. That would be much more helpful. It is necessary that you must run a repair setup that will help you to fix the damaged file. The performance can also be affected due to some add-ons in the office application. You will need to ensure that you must disable all the add-on and then check back the same.