Thread: "SysFader: explorer.exe Application Error" message!!

"SysFader: explorer.exe Application Error" message!!

I recently did a fresh install of my Windows XP computer. Installed all required softwares including Office 2003. I’m not sure whether it is related to Office suite but I started getting an error message saying "SysFader: explorer.exe Application Error". The error window use to have OK button to terminate and Cancel button to debug. I tried scanning system with antivirus, defragged my hard drive, and installed all latest patches from Windows update but still the problem remains.

Please help.

Re: "SysFader: explorer.exe Application Error" message!!

First of all let me tell you that this error is not related to Office Program. Most probably your system got infected with stubborn Trojan. Try updating your antivirus and scan the complete system. Also use HijackThis!

I have Windows XP and since that message started popping up, I can't even access the control panel or any of the other documents. I've tried almost everything. Any suggestions? I have Norton and haven't really tried anything else. I removed a lot of applications such as Adobe Flashplayer and some of my photo-editing software to see if those may be carrying the virus but, SysFader is still popping up.

Please HELP! Thanks in advance. I am in desperate need of help.

PS: I won't try any virus removers that cost money or fill my inbox with a bunch of spam.

I think you must reformat your complete hard drive and do a clean install of Windows XP again. Apart from this also make sure to install Norton again because it is fun to go through this at times. Norton is a Virus as most find out eventually and you just did

Ive found an alternative solution elsewhere. Thank you for your advice.