Thread: Annoying Error: no office assistant character files present

Annoying Error: no office assistant character files present

I’m using MS Office 2003 from long times but since last few days whenever I hide my little paperclip Office Assistant guy in any office program and thereafter when I open any office program next time, it gives me the following error message:

“There are no Office Assistant characters present on the system. Please run Setup in Maintenance Mode and install at least one character.”

I don’t know what could be the reason. Regarding this I made some searches on Microsoft sites and Google but dint found anything helpful. So I request you guys to please let me know how can I stop happening every time I temporarily hide the paperclip?

Re: Annoying Error: no office assistant character files present

I don’t know how did you searched Microsoft and dint found anything. Microsoft has already covered this problem in their Knowledge base. Check this:

"There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system" error message when you start an Office 2003 program

Re: Annoying Error: no office assistant character files present

Well thanks for the help Miltongomes. I have already checked that article. But as you said Microsoft has already covered, is there any solution you can see regarding this problem? They have just provided 3 more links which are saying the same thing but no solution. I wanted a kind of patch or any working solution for the same.