Thread: Disable popup message Cannot find proofing tools in Office

Disable popup message Cannot find proofing tools in Office

I am working on Office 2003. It is a multilingual edition of office. It is working fine but somehow there is a issue with a error that appears constantly on my screen. First I am getting a error message about can't find proofing tools for german. I had properly installed all the required language pack but still the error keeps on appearing. I had install proofing tools also. I do not think there is a problem with the setup. Can anyone help me to find out solution for the same.

re: Disable popup message Cannot find proofing tools in Office

Try to install them once again and then check back. There is some problem due to which you are getting that error. It does not appear just like that. You have to ensure that all language tools are properly added and the error will be definitely resolved. Microsoft offers some updates for the same that can fix the issue.

It looks some text formatting with german language is not working due to which you are getting the problem. You have to install German Language Proofing tools. I am sure that will fix the error and it will definitely work fine. Different languages on office require separate proofing tools. Or it does not work well.

The reason you are getting that error is Word is not able to find the German dictionary. You might have installed all the proofing tools but still you need to check out whether you are added a dictionary in your system or not. Due to which you are facing issue. You have to go in Tools and then click on language. There you can find a option Set Language. Click on that and simply set the language that you are using. That will fix the problem. I think this would be one the best way to deal with the issue.

I think there would be no issue lies this on Microsoft Office 2003. In Office 2007 there are ample of things that does not really work well. You have to ensure that all the proofing software are properly installed and then try back. Just for testing purpose you can install Office 2003 in your system also. You can add that and then you can find out whether it is working fine or not. There is no need to remove Office 2007. Both work side by side properly.

I had provided a link below. This link offers SP3 pack of Microsoft Office 2007 that has all proofing tools that are needed. The download size of this SP3 is around 188 MB. You can install that and you will be able to find out ample of features enabled. You can get the same kind of thing through Windows Update. Just run the same and then check back.

Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2007 (KB2526293)