Thread: "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage"

"Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage"

I am getting the above error message if I try to open a program in the suite and then the software will try to access this path to get Proplus.ini\\itechdell\public\Computer LAB Programs\Office XP. I then have to cancel, then there is a pause and then the program will open but not the doc. The software was installed by some IT guy. So, it is a part of a license or something and not eligible for microsoft tech support. So, I do not have the disks, so am I goingto have to live with this? Would I able to install Ms Office 200 over this, that is, to uninstall and then install what I have? Is it XP pro compatible? I dont want to lose what functionality I have got.

Re: "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professi

I think that it is not only eligible for microsoft tech support, but it might be illegal, but thats not the problem. Now using Office 2000 on top aint gonna fix it. Everything it will do is just screw up more things. Incase you have got Office 2000 CDs and product keys, back up any critical files and then uninstall Office XP, and then install Office 2000. Did the same software ever work for you or did you change something recently or so?

ABSOLUTELY GARUNTEED Solution to this problem

Here is the ABSOLUTELY GARUNTEED Solution to this problem:
    1. Un-Install the complete Microsoft Office
    2. Use CCleaner to clean up the mess Microsoft is too lazy to un-install. Clean Files, System and Registry with CCleaner.
    3. Go Here: www.OpenOffice.org
    4. Download and Install the latest version of OpenOffice for FREE (don't let this fool you it is just as full-featured as Microsoft Office without all the BLOAT).
    5. Repackage and sell Microsoft Office on E-Bay
    6. Use the proceeds of the sale to make a donation to OpenOffice.org (You WILL want to do this because of the no-worries product you now have in place of Microsoft Office.
    7. Write a nasty letter to Microsoft and tell them to shove their products up their NOSE but do not tell the the replacement you have found - They will try to BUY it!
    8. Keep your new office apps updated because they are being improved monthly and there is never a cost to you.
    9. Smile - Don't worry, Be Happy

hi, i hope someone can help. i had uninstalled office 2007 and installed office 2003. i get the "windows configure office 2003" error message, which seems like it's on repeat. this happens everytime i log onto my PC, open up ANY program, whether its office or not. i have tried to uninstall/reinstall with no luck. i've also run the CCleaner, which found and fixed problems, but still didn't sort my problem out. it's frustrating as everything i try to open, this happens. please help. thanks