Thread: Is there a template for printing pre-printed 1099-MISC forms?

Is there a template for printing pre-printed 1099-MISC forms?

I hope people would be able to understand what I am trying to say. I want some help to print out 1099-MISC. I cannot find any related to template in Word. But as this is a popular form so there are chances that it might be available for download. I want some help here to create the right print out of what I am looking for. I think it is not really complicated. I am not so good in printer settings.

For that you can download the form directly from web. It is available on the government website. You can find the form in pdf format which comes with default page settings. There is no modification needed. You can perform the print on the basis of proper page format and run it. I think this would be most easiest option for you. But if you are thinking of modifying the same and then printing it separately then there is less chances to get appropriate output.

Re: Is there a template for printing pre-printed 1099-MISC forms?

Go to IRS and get the pdf file. In the print settings you can use the default page setup which A4 and the pdf program will automatically fix the margins. That is good way. I always print through that. But there is no template available for the same on web. Even if it is available then I will not recommend you to use the same. Because there can be problem with that.

There are ample of forms available on the web in pdf format. Do not download them in any other format. That would be a much easier option I think instead of getting some other format and then adjusting the print properties.

I'm currently looking for the same thing and found this link, which I may try but if it doesn't work, I'll just hand-print mine. While the IRS prefers typed forms, handwritten forms are acceptable. Maybe if they get enough, it will encourage them to put something online to enable easier printing of information returns.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...046131033.aspx

Here are the answers folks.

1) Yes. You can download and print your own forms.

2) Yes. The IRS will charge you a $50 fine for processing self-printed forms. So you probably don't want to go with the above option, even though you can.

3) Yes. You can order pre-printed 1099-MISC & 1096 forms for FREE from the IRS by visiting this link:

(Allow 7 to 15 business days for the forms to arrive.)

I hope this clears things up.

**EDIT** LMAO - just realized how old this thread was originally. But hopefully it will help others searching for the same answer. **END EDIT**
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 01-02-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: lol

Microsoft word has a template that is easy to use. Download from their website. Just replace their text with your information, slip the official irs form in the printer and print. It only fills in the boxes. All done.

I downloaded 1099-misc Word Doc from templates.microsoft.com
    then i created an Excel file with all the required fields and updated the word doc mail merge fields.

I also removed the <NEXT RECORD> mail merge field from the Doc (so it does not print different records top and bottom). Now, the page prints top and bottom with the same data.

Insert the "approved" 1099-misc form in the printer (u can get from IRS or OfficeDepot) and then print this word doc over it to save $40 on software.
    TA DA !!!!