Thread: Inserting a Row at the end of a Table in Microsoft Excel

Inserting a Row at the end of a Table in Microsoft Excel

How can I insert a row BELOW the currently selected row?In Excel 2003, after selecting a row, I could go to the Table menu and click insert rows below. Now the only option seems to be on the Home ribbon, cells group, insert button then insert sheet row, which does so ABOVE the selected row only. I am trying to insert a row at the bottom of a table that preserves the formatting of the table so that I can enter new data and have that at the bottom of the table. The only other way is to insert above and then copy the final row into the inserted row and then clear out the bottom row. This is a real pain. Why did this feature disappear?

Re: Inserting a Row at the end of a Table in Microsoft Excel

First create a Table using Ctrl-T. Then go to the bottom row and right click any cell in it. From the drop down menu, click Insert, then select Insert Rows Above.

Re: Inserting a Row at the end of a Table in Microsoft Excel

In many cases, after you create a spreadsheet, we realize that we lack any rows in the middle of the data already entered. To add a row, follow these steps. Select the row that you want to add another, as the rows are always added above the selected one. Select the Insert menu. Choose the Rows. All rows below the new, down by one position. If you have not selected any row, row Excel2000 take where we are located and selected row. If you want to add more rows, just select in the first step, as many rows as rows to add.