Thread: Outlook 2003 The out of office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error.

Outlook 2003 The out of office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error.

I am facing a error with activation of Office Assistant. The error is : The out of office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error. After pressing OK the system starts working extremely slow. It is freezing a lot. I am using a Windows XP system. I had installed Office 2003 on the same with Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. I am only using Outlook for emails. But somehow it looks there is a problem. I had tried to recreate a profile but somehow it does not works. Any idea.

It looks that you are getting that error on Outlook only. Did you tried doing the same in Microsoft Excel or Word. Are you getting error in that also. If not then the problem lies with Outlook. Try to run a repair setup of office and reconfigure everything back again. I hope a repair setup will fix the problem.

Re: Outlook 2003 The out of office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error.

I have had this issue for months finally figured it out. You need to make a change in your rules. Even if you have to create a fake rule and then delete it. Once I created a rule I was able to get my Out of office to open and function properly.

Re: Outlook 2003 The out of office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error.

Run cmd and then type sfc /scannow. Hit enter. This will scan the system for system files and it will replace if there is any problem with that. Did you performed any recent updates in your system. If yes then try to remove them and check once again. That would be enough for fixing the problem.