Thread: Operation Failed Sending Email as Attachment from Word 2003

Operation Failed Sending Email as Attachment from Word 2003

I am getting a error while trying to send mail from word with attachment. Each time I tried to send the mail the error appear. I thought first the issue might be with my files. But they are ok on their side. Word is also working fine. There are no bugs and crashes. I am unable to send any email through it. It stopped working suddenly. This is the first time I am using Work, but before I was working on Excel. I never face issue on that. What does th error actually mean. I do not think there is any problem with my internet. I am trying to send the mail directly from word.

RE: Operation Failed Sending Email as Attachment from Word 2003

I am getting the same on Windows XP. I am using Office 2003 SP2. I had updated all the patches and installed everything that was needed. But it looks Word is unable to send the email. But the same works when I send it through Outlook and attach the file from it. But when click on Send Email the error appear. To fix that I had reconfigured the email account and things are resolved. This looks to be working quiet fine now.

Try to disable your antivirus for sometime and then send it again. I am sure it will work fine. It looks your antivirus is causing the attachment failure. If nothing works out then it is better if you use Outlook for sending mail and attaching the files to the same manually. That would be a easier option. Another thing, just check that there are no additional add-in installed on your system. You will need to remove that and then test again.