Thread: Microsoft Office Document Scanning stopped working

Microsoft Office Document Scanning stopped working

I am using Microtek ScanMaker 6800. It is a bit old scanner but works well. I am using Document Scanning to get files through. Recently there were some updates. The updates took a long time to download and install in the system. But once it was done I started the scanner and got a error on the screen. The error was scan failed due to scanner hardware error. Everytime while scanning it is giving me a error related to some feeder jam. I am not able to get rid of the same. The scanner looks to be working fine. What can be issue behind this.

Try to update the scanner driver and then check back. I am sure it would work well. Second thing you can do is try some other software to manage the scanner. There are number of scanners available that can help you to scan documents and use the same. It would work far more better.

Re: Microsoft Office Document Scanning stopped working

Hi,

Did anybody have any other suggestions for this? We tried re-installing drivers and using other image viewing sfotware such as Irfran. Managed to sort a makeshift problem for now but nice to know in future how to sort instantly. Still carrying out more scanning in our bureau using thatWonder if next model will not have as many problems?

Try to follow the below steps to solve your issue:

1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
    2. In the Currently installed programs list, click the 2007 Office version that you have installed.
    3. Click Change.
    4. Click Add or Remove features, and then click Continue.
    5. Expand Office Tools.
    6. Click Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and then click Run all from My Computer.
    7. Click Continue.

FYI, doing the above (updating to the 2007 document imager) and then creating a new preset fixed this problem for me. Windows 7, Canon Pixma MX870. Thank you!

I made the changes to both a Office 2003 and 2007 and neither fixed the issue. I still get the issue of "The scan failed because of a scanner hardware error. Feeder may be jammed. Please correct the error and scan again." There is nothing in the scanner. This is with the Lexmark TWAIN. With this happening with other OEMs and the only common thread being the MS piece it has to be a setting. I even tried on a mini hub with 192.168.1.x IPs and still I get this, not to mention not being able to see the available device when there are only 2! Any thoughts, ideas, direction is appreciated.

I made the changes to both a Office 2003 and 2007 and neither fixed the issue. I still get the issue of "The scan failed because of a scanner hardware error. Feeder may be jammed. Please correct the error and scan again." There is nothing in the scanner. This is with the Lexmark TWAIN. With this happening with other OEMs and the only common thread being the MS piece it has to be a setting. I even tried on a mini hub with 192.168.1.x IPs and still I get this, not to mention not being able to see the available device when there are only 2! Any thoughts, ideas, direction is appreciated.

Just follow below steps which help to solve your problem.
    Go to Start- All Programs- Microsoft Office- Microsoft Office Tools- Microsoft Office Document Scanning- Click once on the COLOR profile. After that click on the box that says preset options, than select edit selected preset- Click on the output tab. In the file name part choose either date or time or auto number- Click on the processing tab- Unmark the use OCR to recognize the text of the scanned image- Click on the general tab and Click OK.