Thread: PROPLUS.MIS

Proplus.mis

Three months ago I installed Office XP pro on one of my Windows XP system. It worked fine so far, without a single problem. Since yesterday, don’t know what went wrong, now whenever I try opening any office application, first I get a small Windows Installer box saying “Installing Front Page.” A minute later it fails and asks me to enter Office XP Professional Installation CD with Front Page. I tried repairing, running Office Diagnostics but nothing helped me out. Still I’m not able to open any office apps including word, excel, outlook, PP, etc.

I know you guys will say to insert the installation disk and let the process complete but the problem is that I’m not able to find the disc. I think I lost it. Is there any alternate way of fixing this problem? Thanks in advance.

If it is asking you for "Office XP Professional with FrontPage" cd then you will need to re-install the office suite again. I don’t think there is any other way. By the way, did you tried any software recently just before the problem occurred? If yes, then try removing that particular software. I think any third party software or patch might have changed the system settings which resulted in this problem.

Ms. Staples I commend you for speaking before you know all the facts.

I am in the same boat as BKDencer appears to be in. However, I am not running pirated software, Warez hacked software or anything else. I am supporting a charitable organization that was GIVEN a Dell computer with Windows XP home pre-installed and Office XP with Frontpage when the machine was donated. The organization uses Excel and Word on a daily basis and could not afford to buy everything it needs, so donations are a fact of life. Microsoft has released a SP-3 for Office and broke the applications. So now, "How do we fix one more of Microsoft's unending gotcha's?"

Thank Heaven Carey Frisch was more interested in helping the MS community than chastising us for being stupid enough to tolerate the shoddy patch delivery system from Microsoft. I've used MS products since 1978. The quality today does not put a patch on what was the norm in the early days. Maybe the wonderkinde at Microsoft are more interested in chastising than in writing good code too.

Re: PROPLUS.MIS

I found this information while searching to solve PROPLUS.MIS error

PROPLUS.MSI is the installation file found on the original CD. If you did not receive a CD and got office as an OEM install, it should be in a folder on your hard drive.
    If you have lost your CD, you should contact Microsoft for a replacement.