Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Finding SBERET.MSI on CD

MS Office Support

Old 17-05-2005

Finding SBERET.MSI on CD

So, after installing an upgraded version of Windows XP from Windows 98, I am not able to open microsoft word without XP trying to set up Office XP all the time. The file which is missing to complete this task is SBERET.MSI. I have put in my Office XP CD like Microsoft has asked me to and the error message that I am getting is "Cannot find file need to complete this task". After this message I am able to open MS Word and then I can work on my files. Can anyone help me out in this situation? Thanks.

Old 18-05-2005

Re: Finding SBERET.MSI on CD

Well, you can try to remove Microsoft Office 2003 from Control Panel, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start.
  2. Click All Programs, and then open the Accessories folder (skip this step in Windows XP).
  3. Click Run, and then click in the Open box.
  4. Type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
  5. Locate the Microsoft Office entry in the list of currently installed programs.
  6. Select it, and then click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP).
After that reinstall it again, follow some more steps given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2639197#Method1

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > MS Office Support