Thread: Calibri Font and Printing

Calibri Font and Printing

I have Office/Word 2007 and up until a few days ago, I could print documents in Calibri font just fine. Then suddenly last night, my printer simply would not print. On a whim after some Googling, I changed the font in my document to something different and it printed, I changed it back to Calibri, it wouldn't print it. Now, this appears to be more of a problem for Word 2010, not 2007, but I'm wondering if when I installed an Adobe program over the weekend, if it updated the Calibri font? I've narrowed it down that particular font being the problem, how do I fix it. Is there a way to see which version of Calibri I have installed and if it's the "newer" version, how do I re-install the "older" version.

Re: Calibri Font and Printing

Can you try to follow the below steps and see if that works:

1. First of all click on Start, and then click Run
    2. After that type intl.cpl, and then click OK.
    3. Now try to click the Languages tab.
    4. Under Supplemental language support, click to select the Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai) check box.
    5. When you receive the following message, click OK to close the message:
    6. You chose to install the Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Indic, Thai and Vietnamese language files. This will require 10 MB or more of available disk space. The files will be installed after you click OK or Apply on the Regional and Language Options dialog box.
    7. Click OK to close the Regional and Language Options dialog box.

For more information visit this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960985

Hi, I did what you said, but there is not "language" tab anywhere. I have in this order, formats, location, keyboards and languages, admin. I clicked the keyboard/languages and all it says is change keyboards, nothing else. Now what? Also, I'm running Windows 7 64x.

Well, now it won't print anything from web pages or e-mail either or PDF files?! However, it will print from Word if it's in a different font and it will print Notepad files. I'm going crazy, how can I fix this?!

As a solution can you try to install the language packs and see if that helps. Go to Start > Run > intl.cpl > languages tab > Supplemental Languages Tab. Also try to play with the options under office button > Powerpoint > advanced > print.

There is no supplemental languages tab under keyboard/languages.

Can you check whether this problem is occuring in different user accont or all the users? Check the article on "How to deploy specific fonts in Office 2007. This applies to Word Outlook Excel Powerpoint and Access" from the the below link and see if that helps:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/odsupport...fice-2007.aspx

Everyone else in the house can print just fine. They are also running Windows 7 64x. I'm the only one having trouble.

Actually, this calibri is one of the many new fonts included with Office 2007. When you will download and install the free Office 2007 compatibility pack that is detailed in this kb article - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=92350, then you will get all of the new Office 2007 fonts available for using on other Windows Applications on your pc.

Um, first that didn't take me to any page with a compatibility pack and second of all, I have the Calibri font since I am running Office 2007, it simply won't print anything, including web pages, that have the font Calibri in it.

My bad, here is the link - http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/downl...ails.aspx?id=3

And it might help over again if you reinstall it, just give it a try and hope for the best.