Thread: Getting "! stdole32.tlb error & __! one of your object libraries (l) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install." error with Microsoft Excel

Getting "! stdole32.tlb error & __! one of your object libraries (l) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install." error with Microsoft Excel

In my computer I was using Microsoft office 2007 and I have recently installed Microsoft office 2010 in my computer. Now after installing Microsoft office 2010 in my computer when I open MS excel at that time I get "! stdole32.tlb error & __! one of your object libraries (l) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install.” Error. Please let me know what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Getting "! stdole32.tlb error & __! one of your object libraries (l) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install." error with Microsoft Excel

I have read your problem and I will suggest you to first try to solve this problem by repairing Microsoft office in your computer and then you have to check whether you are getting same error while opening MS excel in your computer or not? I am telling you this because many times repairing MS office can resolve this type of problem. you have to go to control panel and then you have to select add or remove programs or uninstall programs. Now after that you have to look for MS office and select change option. Now after that you have to select repair option and then click on continue option. Now after doping that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not?

According to me after repairing MS office in your computer you will not face any problem. if you need any more help then let me know.

Re: Getting "! stdole32.tlb error & __! one of your object libraries (l) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install." error with Microsoft Excel

Well I have tried to solve this problem by repairing Microsoft office 2010 in my computer but after doing that also I was getting same error. Now after that I have uninstalled MS office from my computer and then installed it again but after doing that also I was experiencing same problem. is there any other way to solve this problem then let me know. Thank you in advance.

You should try this solution to fix this problem.
    • First you have to make MS excel unavailable from your computer. After that you have to backup all the registry files with following steps.
    • Press and windows button and R key.
    • Type regedit and press enter.
    • Now registry editor will open.
    • Now select file menu.
    • Choose export option.
    • Change export range to all.

After doing that you have to remove all excel registry key and then you have to make excel available again. After doing this you have to check whether you can open MS excel or not? According to me by trying this solution you will be able to solve this problem.

Hello everyone I have installed MS office 2010 on my PC and after installing that in my computer4 when I attempt to open MS excel in my computer at that time get error. This is solution which I have tried.

First I have tried to open Microsoft excel in safe mode by typing “excel /safe” in command prompt but after that also I was getting same error.

I have tried to fix this problem by repairing Microsoft office 2010 but after repairing it when I try to open excel at that time same thing happen. Reinstalling MS office does not make any difference.

After referring above solution I have tried to make Excel unavailable but I don’t know how to do that. Please let me know what should I do to solve this problem.

You have to follow this steps to make excel unavailable.

• Go to Control panel.
    • Select uninstall program.
    • Click on MS office.
    • Select change.
    • Select add or remove features.
    • Now make excel unavailable.

Yes I same thing happen with me also and then I have make excel unavailable in my computer and deleted all the Excel registry key from my computer. Now after that I have made excel available again and then whn I start MS excel at that time my problem get solved.