Thread: Microsoft Excel 2010 to stops responding because of Auto Fill feature

Microsoft Excel 2010 to stops responding because of Auto Fill feature

I have installed Microsoft office 2010 in my computer and after installing that in my computer it has started giving me problem. When I use Auto fill feature in my computer at that time Microsoft Excel 2010 to stops responding. I am using windows 7 OS. Please let me know what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Microsoft Excel 2010 to stops responding because of Auto Fill feature

Are you facing this problem while using Auto fill feature on any particular Excel files or this problem occurs with all the files? If you are experiencing this problem with all the files then I think problem is with MS excel and if problem is occur with any particular file then problem might be with that file only. you have to also open Microsoft excel in safe mode and after doing that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafferty!!! View Post
    Are you facing this problem while using Auto fill feature on any particular Excel files or this problem occurs with all the files? If you are experiencing this problem with all the files then I think problem is with MS excel and if problem is occur with any particular file then problem might be with that file only. you have to also open Microsoft excel in safe mode and after doing that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.
    I am facing this problem every time when I use Auto fill feature. i don’t know how to open Microsoft excel in safe mode. Please let me know exact procedure to open MS excel in safe mode. Thank you in advance.

To open MS excel in safe mode you have to follow this steps.

• First click on start menu.
    • After that you have to type cmd in start menu search box.
    • After that you have to type “excel /safe”
    • Press enter.

I was searching solution on internet and there are many users facing problem while using auto fill function and fixed this problem by using right mouse button during auto fill operation. When I tried this solution at that time MS excel didn’t give me any problem, that is why I will suggest you while using Auto fill operation use mouse right click button and then you have to check whether you get same problem or not? According to me after trying this solution Microsoft excel will work fine in your computer. If this idea does not help you to solve this problem then you should try to solve this problem by repairing Office 2010 in your computer.

Yes repairing MS office will fix this problem. in my computer also I was having this problem and then I have tried to search solution on internet and but I dint get any solution. Now after that I have opened control panel in my computer and then opened uninstall program option. After that I have clicked on Microsoft office option. Now I have clicked on change and then select repair option. After repairing computer I have restarted my computer and after restarting my computer my when I open MS excel at that time I was not facing same problem in my computer. I hope with this solution you will be able to fix your problem.

Well after referring your solution I have tried to solve this problem by repairing MS office in my computer but after doing that also I was experiencing same problem. Now please let me know what I should do to solve this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

markwillium Guest

Try below steps to open an excel in safe mode after that try auto fill.

1.Click on start button
    2.Now click on all programs -->accessories
    3.Run
    4.Type “excel /safe”(without quotes)

Note: there is a space between excel and “/”

Regards,
    Mark Willium