Thread: Putting The Green Triangle Back In An Excel Cell

Putting The Green Triangle Back In An Excel Cell

I have got a spreadsheet that needs to have the green triangles shown so that when the sheet is transferred to a different program, the program software can read what is in each cell. Thing is, that when you alter a cell, the green triangle disappears. When I've checked the cell format, ones with green triangles and ones without, are all formatted the same - as text. What we enter is thing slike this 60,61,110 - IE a group of numbers with apostrophies. Any idea how to keep the damn triangle?

Re: Putting The Green Triangle Back In An Excel Cell

If any of the data is used mathematically and has the green triangles, I would recommend correcting them. To correct this, I'll sometimes copy the entire range to Notepad, select it from there and copy it back into the original spreadsheet to remove these. If you have just a few, you can hover over the cell and click on the dialogue box to correct them that way as well.

Aparently my customer needs the green triangle there for his software to read the spreadsheet. So I need them there all the time but its when I change an existing cell, the triangle disappears and if this is put through the spftware, the device can't read the cells without the green triangle.

Can you just go to Tools and then Options and select the smart tag option. Then those triangles should appear all the time that you want. If you click the cell, a different icon appears with a drop down arrow you can click for options. I don't know if this is what you wanted to hear, but its the best I've got.